How Soon Can You Travel With Your Newborn Baby?
Although there is nothing set in stone when it comes to time for travel with a newborn baby. There are lots of people who hit the road next day after the birth of their baby. However, it is better to make some extra precaution while traveling for a longer amount of time.
The transition time for a baby start very early for the infant and that’s why it demands some extra care. For in-depth travel crib info, you can visit bettersleepbaby.com where you can also get all the important information related to the newborn babies. According to the doctors, you should only travel with your newborn once the baby is two weeks old. However, the accurate time depends on the circumstances and type of delivery. In this post, we will try to cover some of the common ones.
- The most common mistake committed by people with babies born before the expected date is counted from the day of birth. In that case, you have to start counting from the due date instead of a day when the baby takes birth. It will help them stay protected from the outer environments in the safest manner.
- Now, we will talk about the babies who are born through cesarean section. In that case, it is strongly suggested that you should wait for at least six weeks before going on a tour. If possible, have a check-up from your family doctor prior to making bookings for your travel tour.
If you wait a few weeks before flying, then it helps the baby to settle down in the new environment and make the mother feel better. The reason behind this is that babies are extremely vulnerable to the germs during their early days and coping with lots of people at the same time in an airplane can put a harmful effect on the health of the baby.
Furthermore, the situation can worsen if the baby is dealing with issues like an ear infection, cold, or a cough. There is a great chance that they will feel unpleasant ear-popping because of the changes in the air pressure during flight. However, you can minimize this by breastfeeding them while takeoff and landing.
Precautions to follow during flight with a newborn.
There are certain things that you need to keep in mind while going on a flight journey with the newborn that are mentioned below:
- Babies are extremely prone to dehydration so they should breastfeed at regular intervals.
- Have an appointment with the General Physician before traveling so that you can stay away from all kinds of worries.
- If possible, ask for a travel cot so that baby feels comfortable during the entire journey.
- Try to avoid visiting those areas having lots of diseases because your baby isn’t old enough to get vaccinated.
If you follow all the things mentioned in this post accurately, then there are greater chances that your newborn will stay protected from all types of issues. We strongly hope that you will have an exceptional journey with a baby soon.