Do you know baking soda can clean your carpets in the home and give a fresh smell? Yes, you have heard right, they are one of the low-cost options for the people who want to eliminate odors and stains from their house. Some people even consider them the best carpet cleaner and use them frequently.
However, there is need to use a different approach while using baking soda according to the type of stain. Check out the complete article and choose one that suits you the best.
Eliminating non-greasy stains
There is no underlying residue on this type of stains. They can be removed by following the below-mentioned instructions:
- First of all, you have to sprinkle a small amount of baking soda over the affected area and then put some hot water on the stain.
- Leave this mixture for a period of four to five hours. If possible, you can do that before going to the bed and leave it overnight.
- Then you have to vacuum on the affected place and you will be amazed to find that the stain has totally gone. Furthermore, your carpet will start to freshen up and give a pleasant smell. If the stain is very to eliminate, then you can repeat according to the situation.
Eliminating difficult pet smell
There are greater chances that some intense smell may come from the carpets if you have some lovely pets. However, the baking soda can assist you in eliminating the smell completely and make your room fresh again. Follow these simple steps for completing this process:
- First of all, take a generous amount of baking soda on the hand and then sprinkle it on the affected carpet where your dog often sleeps and play. In order to get the best results, you should try to leave it for a full night.
- In the morning, use the vacuum in the affected area. We can guarantee that your room will start to give fresh air again.
Removing greasy stains
There is no doubt that the greasy stains are too difficult to clean. However, you can get rid of these stains by implementing a unique approach of using baking soda. You should follow the steps mentioned below:
- Try to eliminate as much grease as possible through a rough cloth so that the stain can lighten up. Never rub the grease because the carpet fibers can be damaged.
- In order to start the process, you have to sprinkle the dry baking soda on the carpet and leave it for overnight.
- You should vacuum the area properly in the morning to see the best results. There is no need to do anything after that as there is a great chance that the stain will be gone by now.
Baking soda is an incredible chemical that can be utilized in many different manners. Next time, you feel that there is a thick stain on your carpet, sprinkle some baking soda and see the magic. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this article, then write in the comment section.