There is no doubt that a circular saw is an incredible and versatile equipment that can be very handy for certain tasks. There is a great variety of circular saw available in the market having different uses. Some common uses of this company are cutting lengthy nominal lumber and framing materials. There are many people who don’t know the exact process to use a circular saw. If you are one of them, then there is no need to worry as we will clear all your doubts in this post. Read the entire article & know how to utilize this beautiful tool.
How to prepare for cutting with a circular saw?
As mentioned above, there is a plethora of circular saws available in the market. However, the most common ones are sidewinder saws & worm-drive saws that are perfect for the heavy-duty tasks. It doesn’t matter, which kind of saw you are using, there is a need to follow some common safety basics mentioned below:
- Before using a circular saw, it is important to secure long hair, clothing, and jewelry.
- In order to protect your eyes & ears, you should wear the protective equipment. It can save you any kind of accident while using a circular saw.
- While cutting, you should try to make an adjustment in the blade for extending it around a ¼ inch below the material. It will make sure your blade doesn’t hang out while working.
- Before starting the cutting process, it is important to check the blade guard and ensure it is set in the right place and function accurately.
- While cutting the material, it is important to stand to the side. It will make sure you stay away from the possible kickbacks.
How to use a circular saw?
Now, you need to start the real process. Make sure you have read all the precautions carefully before beginning the cutting process. Follow the below-mentioned steps for completing this task accurately.
- Step One
You have to start the process by moving the saw into the object that you want to cut. This procedure assists in keeping the sections of the object from binding as well as pinching the blade.
- Second Step
Now, you need to push the blade through the cut so that the pieces can fall. It is a pretty easy step that you can perform easily.
- Third Step
Generally, there are kinds of cuts rip cuts & crosscuts. The first one rip cuts pass through the grain, whereas the latter one goes across the grain. If you are going for the crosscuts, then using a square-cut jig is the best idea because it can eliminate the guesswork and let you have an amazing cut.
- Fourth Step
If you are doing work on a bigger piece or a plywood, then it is better to clamp a 1X4 to the material that can guide your circular saw. You need to make sure that your saw stays straight while working on the material.
Things that you should avoid while using a circular saw?
There are certain things that you should avoid while using this equipment mentioned below:
- Never think about twisting the saw for changing, cutting, & checking alignment.
- While cutting the material, you should never force the saw.
- Avoid using a saw that looks unsafe in any condition because it can hurt you physically.
- Before starting the cutting process, you should check it for obstructions.
- Always maintain proper balance & footing while working. Also, never overreach during the entire process.
- You should never tighten the blade-locking nut.
If you choose to implement the above-mentioned precautions & tips carefully, then you will learn about using a circular saw & making accurate cuts within some time. If you have any questions related to this post, then feel free to contact us.