The iGaming industry always proved to be one of the profitable sectors in the past couple of decades but with the outbreak of coronavirus, this industry has been affected negatively. Every major sports event has been canceled or postponed due to the major impact of coronavirus. The cancelation of events also affects the profitability of the iGaming business. Thus, iGaming agencies can enhance their business and recover their losses with esports platform development services. As the outbreak results in a home lock to people which creates an opportunity for businesses to try out their hands in esports and entertain their audience for long-term. Esports is based on online games with all ultra-modern features that help the players to enjoy the exciting and competitive games while sitting in the comfort of their homes.
Impact of COVID-19 on Gaming Events
The outbreak of coronavirus has affected major sports leagues and sporting events around the world. Postponed events could lead to a decline in revenues for the iGaming industry. The list of sports leagues and events, affected by COVID-19 are as follows:
- National Basketball Association (NBA). The National Basketball Association (NBA) has suspended its session for an indefinite period.
- National Hockey Leagues (NHL). National Hockey Leagues (NHL) has also suspended its session for an indefinite period. The association advises its team members for self-isolation.
- MLS/Soccer. Soccer in the U.S has been suspended, along with that CONCACAF Nations League also has been canceled.
- NHRA. The racing series has been canceled and an event in Las Vegas is also suspended.
- International Olympic Committee. The Olympics of 2020 has been canceled
- Asian Football Confederation. World cup qualifiers in Asia have suspended its event until last September.
- Tennis. The French Open has been postponed and several WTA and ATP events have been canceled. Along with that women tournament in Strasbourg, France, and Rabat, Morocco have been suspended.
These above are some of the major sports leagues and events which have been canceled or postponed due to the spreading of coronavirus around the world.
As with the increasing effect of coronavirus, the business of the iGaming industry is also being affected. As more people are staying at their home, it increases the chance for iGaming agencies to move towards the virtual world. Ultimately the best alternative for the iGaming industry is to entertain their audience through esports leagues and retain their profitability of the business.
Benefits for the iGaming Industries Through Esports
- With the cancelation of major sports events, the iGaming industry suffered losses to a great extent. But through this downfall esports can be a savior for iGaming agencies.
- Sports leagues and events have been canceled as it doesn’t avoid social gathering whereas esports can be a major cause for prevention against COVID-19 as it avoids social gatherings.
- As with the cancelation of gaming events, more people are staying at their home which can be a great opportunity for iGaming agencies to invest in esports businesses.
- The iGaming agencies can also get support from different software development companies and corporate sponsors that can be helpful for them in revenue-generation.
- As per the guidelines of WHO people prefer to play games online and with the varieties of esports games people can easily engage themselves in the situation of boredom.
- People who are mostly in sports betting can also get opportunities with the help of esports to bet on different leagues of esports. It can connect the people from the platform and also help agencies in generating profits during a downturn.
- Esports is the combination of entertainment, adventure, competition and a better experience to the users that can be a better cause for engaging the audience by the agencies.
- Cancelation of gaming events increases the upcoming professionals in esports which could be a great opportunity for iGaming agencies.
- The iGaming industry can easily enhance their business as well as several users with the help of esports. It also creates an opportunity to increase the profit of the business.
Options to Choose in Esports
Esports Betting Software
Esports Betting software is an exclusive solution that enables the players to bet on their favorite esports leagues including League of Legends Championship, Overwatch League, Call of Duty and many more. The iGaming agencies can opt for esports software for those who are seeking an alternative for fulfilling their betting passion. Opting for a feature-rich esports betting platform is the most suitable option for iGaming businesses to offer the best possible and engaging services to the users.
Fantasy Esports Software
Fantasy Esports software can give real-life experience to the users, as it has features of esports as well as fantasy sports. It can also be a profitable opportunity for iGaming businesses during the downfall of the market.
Esports Tournament Software Development
The iGaming industry can create esports tournament platforms and offer the users to manage the platform with more than one player. The management platform majorly covers all esports events to give the best experience to the users.
Esports covers all major events such as league of legends, call of Duty, Overwatch, CS: GO and many more. Through the cancelation of live events, people are spending their time on virtual games which could be a better opportunity for iGaming agencies to enlarge their audience and enhance their profitability during a downturn.
Some Trending Betting Options for Engaging Users
Along with esports betting, there are other betting choices available for iGaming agencies that can also be used to scale high in business.
Virtual Sports Betting
It involves betting on virtual sports, such as Football, virtual Basketball and many more. People who are willing to bet and get real experience can opt for this choice, it could be an opportunity for iGaming businesses to increase their number of users around the world.
Weather Sports Betting
This can be a unique opportunity for iGaming businesses to bet on the storms, rains, temperature, snow, city temperatures for the city. Betting on the forecast can be a new concept to attract a large number of users into the business.
It is an exciting option of betting for the users that gives a thrilling experience to the users. The iGaming business can involve themselves in such kind of entertainment betting to enlarge its market share in esports.
Esports is the Rescue in the Online World of Entertainment
As per the current scenario, people prefer to stay at their homes and look for their source of entertainment. Thus it shows wonderful opportunities to iGaming agencies to enhance their business in esports business. Canceling of major sports leagues affected the iGaming industry which has also affected its profitability but with the wide variety of esports, it could be a savior for the iGaming industry.
People are looking for some source of entertainment in this stressful situation and esports can easily make them feel better at a particularly tumultuous time. Thus, this could be a great opportunity for iGaming business to expand their business in the area of esports. There are various industries in the market to offer the best esports development solutions but iGaming agencies need to find the place where they get all the services in one place. Thus, GammaStack is the one-stop solution for iGaming industries to have feature-rich platforms in the area of esports software, online, virtual betting, sports betting platforms and all the vital platforms that can be helpful for iGaming agencies to enhance their revenue.
GammaStack is known for its best offering in the iGaming industry. Their teams are always ready to deliver top of the line software solutions to you. So, if you are looking for the development of an esports platform as per your needs and competitive market, then you must try the esports offering of the gammastack. They not only enhance your profitability but also help you in increasing the existing audience.